Thursday, October 1, 2009

my hero..... Zachiee

when i was about seven years old my little brother Zach had developed a tumor in his head. At this time he was about six years old....
we hadnt noticed any symptoms of any type of problems but one day, zach's left side went completly out. he couldnt pick up a peice of paper nor anything else. My mom and dad took him into the doctor and he had said that there was nothing wrong with him and hes perfectly fine! THAT WAS A LIE! A couple days later he had a ceaser and then we rushed him into the hospital and they did a M. R. I. on him and noticed something quit odd. around his brain stem lied a tumor. I could just remember the look on his face.... he looked like he was lost and confused. But his exzact words were " ok well we better go in and take it out!!!" a few days later they schedualed an operation appointment and told my parents that its a reskie procedure and only 2% of the world have this cancer so there is no cure... but we will go in and get as much cancer as we possibly can out. 8 hours went by....and they had finished..everything was fine and went smoothly. during this time me and my 2 other brothers were at my grandmas house juts paciently awaiting. zach had stayed in the hospital for 2 weeks....and every single night i could remember just staying up balling because i didnt know if he was going to be ok. once he got home i was scared to look. i had nightmares because of the way he looked..... but i got over that about 3 weeks later and helped my mom wiht zach because he had a tube on the side of his stomach to shoot some anti biotics into him.... all my worries have gone into him... he is my hero and i know that from this experiance i can make it through anything and he has made me who i am to this day!

2 comments:

Charlie said...

Another intense story from your family history! You are on a roll with these.

He sounds like a very strong kid, indeed.

Anonymous said...

Speachless agian