Friday, February 19, 2010

Difficult Decision

Awhile ago i found out that my little brother David was starting to smoke weed. At the top of my head i just kept thinking, " why is he doing this, he's only an eighth grader"! Alot of his friends seem to be a bad influence. The way they talk the way they dress and they just dont have any manners. I'm not saying that my brother is any better then they are, it's just that i know that he has the potential to be the total opposite.
Time after time, thought after thought, i just didnt know how to put it to my parents that david was messing up. My parents are already stressing enough about his school and work and how to provide for us. I guess i just didnt want them to look down on David. Looking at him i felt bad because we are close and i thought that the bond between us would fall apart and become hate.
But sooner or later i couldnt stand seeing him leave all the time and just knowing what he's doing. I ended up calling my mom asside into the kitchen and i said "umm....Mom... i dont want you to be mad, but i found out that David is starting to smoke." But i dont want you to tell him that i said anything because he will be very bmad at me." And she seemed upset, but at the same time pissed out of her mind! I thought to myself it's either i just allow him to go around and do it... or i just protect him from getting into the habbit.
To make a long story short, it ended up with a happy ending... my mom talked with David and he agreed not to do it. But if he wanted to he would ahve to talk with my parents first!
Another time, about 3 years ago, i had a phone, a very nice phone might i add, and I was on a family plan with my mom, dad, brother Mike, And David. There was only enough room for five people. So my little brother Zach was out of luck. He hadnt had a phone yet, but on the other hand i had had my phone for about 4 years already. I remember just hearing Zach in the next room complaining about how he hasnt had a phone and the house phone wasnt cutting it. i remember just thinking weather or not i should give up my phone or not. He was starting to get older and hanging out was very hard for him to do with no phone to keep in contact with his friends. I started to feel bad because i know that it would horrible if i didnt have a phone. I could just imagine how much it must suck to not have your own personal phone. He was always my favorite little brother and i felt really really bad. So that being said... i took it into my hands and decided to just give up my phone and let Zach have it. So basicly ever since then, i havent had a phone!

0 comments: