Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A Bitter Sweet Home Sweet Home.


As some of you may know. . something very unfortunate happened to my home. about 3 weeks ago i came home for lunch, and i left at 12:50ish and around 1 oclock a fire had started. . .the only people home was my little brother David, my dog Reicko, and my eldest brother Michael.
from Davids story, he said that he had been eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and reicko was sitting with him in the kitchen begging for it.then all of a sudden he smelt smoke. So he ran outside saw that there was smoke coming outside of the window and then ran down stairs to wake up michael. thats left reicko. . .soo as scared as they were. .david got reicko out and saved that dogs life!!! 10 minutes went by and the fire department finally came.Might i add that n that whole 10 minutes my house could have been to crisp! but it wasnt fortunitly. the firemen got into the house and made a huge hole in the sealing and hit all the walls to make holes so that the fire was done for good.
Its weird for me because of the fact that i had just left to go to fourth period. . and nobody called me. . . .hours and hours went by and i still didnt know anything. once the day ended i went to my boyfriend dylan's house like the usual and hung out there for a while and decided to give my parents a call. . .ring, ring, ring, ring, and there was no answer i trieed 7 times .. . .i called my dad, but there was no answer, so i called my other brother Zachie. . .he had told me that, " dont orry but something serious had happened. . .and he said none of my stuff was ruined but our house caught on fire!" my mouth dropped and told dylan we have to go. . . i wasnt sure on what to expect or how to feel. . .soo i just had MAJOR butterflies!
As we drove my i saw neighbors and more neighbors helping my family throw wood and ashes out the FRONT window! my house was thrashed and then i reolised how precious something like that really really is. i started crying and i wasnt catchng my breath dylan was scared because he didnt really know how to calm me down! I mean my house did get burnt.
we eventually went back and all my stuff as there because my bedroom door was shut. but the living room dinning room kitchen laundry room and even parents room was wrecked! the down stairs didnt get hit, thank god!
We found out what caused the fire which is a power strip so the insurance company will be fileing some case and for now on ima unplug everything!!! you never know what can or will happen! So,for the mean time my grandma and grandpa thankfully took me and my family in and id going to help us get on our feet! lets just hope it doesnt take us until i graduate!!!! hahaha

0 comments: